List is a group of subscribers or recipients to whom bulk messages can be sent. For example, you can create a list of users who signed up in the last 30 days. You can now manage subscriber lists in SuprSend and send campaigns or broadcasts to pre-created lists of users without the need to add each user individually when making the API call.
By default, SuprSend creates a list named
all_users, which automatically includes all users available in your workspace. You can use this list to send campaigns like newsletters and product updates.
You can create lists using one of the following methods:
This is the most flexible way of updating users in a list. This way, you can keep the list updated in real-time. You can use API or update it using backend SDK
SuprSend supports integration with 3rd party platforms to sync user and event data. You can also sync user cohorts from these platforms into lists and run campaigns on those user segments from SuprSend. We currently have integration support for below connectors:
Need support for another connector? Please Let us know
You can also update List directly from the SuprSend dashboard. This way, marketing or product teams can send broadcasts directly from the dashboard without any tech involvement. Recommended for cases when you want to send a one-off campaign and only need the list temporarily.
This will only sync existing users in SuprSend database. It doesn't create new user profiles. Refer docs to create user profiles
You'll find the option to create the list and update users on the List Tab.
- To create a list, click on the "+ New List" button and add the relevant information.
List IDis the unique identifier for the list.
Descriptionare just for reference so that you know what this list represents.
You can also modify list
Description later by clicking on "Modify List" option available in the right side Kebab menu on a list.
- To update users in the list, click on the "Update Users" option available in the right side Kebab menu on a list. It will open a dialog like the one shown below
Follow below steps to update users in the list -
- Choose "Add" to add more users to an existing list of users. For example, if you are adding today's signups in the new signups list every day
- Opt for "Replace" to replace the current list with a completely new set of users. This is handy in situations where you need to update the list with all users who fit a criteria (like users subscribed to a topic), without needing to track individual additions.
Upload a CSV file containing the distinct_id of the users. Make sure that the column is labeled as
Click on "Update Users" button. You can check the update progress in "Import logs"
You can now schedule broadcast on this list from the dashboard by clicking on "Run Broadcast" option
You can configure events when a user enters or exits a list. For example - you have a list of users "Active on the platform in last 7 days". Whenever a user exists this list, you might want to send a notification to re-engage the users. You can do so using list events. There are 2 types of list events that you can configure
- User Entry - This will trigger a bulk event
$USER_ENTERED_LIST - <list_id>for all new users added to the list whenever a list is updated.
- User Exit - This will trigger a bulk event
$USER_EXITED_LIST - <list_id>for all new users removed from the list whenever a list is updated.
Updated 2 months ago
You can now send notification to this list using Broadcast